What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sensenich Prop

JohnF

Well Known Member
How long did it take for your prop to be shipped from Sensenich after your engine was shipped? Just trying to do some planning.

FYI: On a side note about the -12 prop, I called Sensenich today to see if the finish is paintable. It turns out they had a switch in materials used around November of '09. Before that they used a Sherwin Williams product which is what I'm using. After November they switched to something else. If you are going to paint your prop it would be a good idea to call them to ensure paint compatability. They would need a serial number of your prop.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Pooly packed

My prop arrived a few days ago. When the UPS driver handed it to me, the first thing that I noticed was the rattling sound. I was hoping that the noise was not the blades banging against each other. But it was. Luckily the blades did not seem to be damaged. I was disappointed with the poor design of the packaging. A drop of a few inched on the end of the box is enough to cause the sharp end of a blade to penetrate the foam packing, thus allowing the large end of the prop to exit its foam holder and then bang against the other blade. A one-foot long piece of bubble wrap scantily protected each blade, not nearly enough. Some crumpled paper between the blades would not cost much and would protect the expensive propeller blades from touching each other. Perhaps this message will find its way to Sensenich and they will improve upon the propeller packaging.
Joe

Poorly packed too

Mine arrived just like Joe's - rattling, but fortunately undamaged. I agree better packaging would be smart.

Back