What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Poor service from Andair

Bavafa

Well Known Member
I was wondering if others have similar experience with Andair response time to inquires or is it just me? I have sent multiple e-mails in the last two-three weeks to them regarding their fuel pump and upgrade path to version 7 with no response at all.
Does anyone know what is upgraded from their version 5 to version 7 and possible cost for that.
Honestly with such poor customer service, I may just decide on a different brand.

I was wondering if others have similar experience with Andair response time to inquires or is it just me? I have sent multiple e-mails in the last two-three weeks to them regarding their fuel pump and upgrade path to version 7 with no response at all.
Does anyone know what is upgraded from their version 5 to version 7 and possible cost for that.
Honestly with such poor customer service, I may just decide on a different brand.

Airflowperformance.com

My pump is there now, it's a version 3 to be upgraded to version 7. My understanding is the 7 upgrade fixes the wear issue and resulting slipping. I emailed them and got a response the next day from "Jenny" prior to sending mine. I was quoted 50 Pounds for upgrade and 15 Pounds for return shipping and a week turn around time. Mine arrived there last Thursday. I used Priority Mail to ship there and it was $61 and took 10 days.

I replaced my Andair pump with an Airflow Performance pump and install kit from AS/TS Flightlines so I'm just upgrading the pump to sell it.

I always found that a phone call to Andair takes care of the problem. They are a small outfit and clobbered by covid like everyone else.

I had some fuel valve fittings on order and several weeks and several unanswered emails later I gave them a call. The fitting were in the mail next day.

Give them a call - they will do their best for you

They are a family business and are working hard.

I have no connections other than knowing they make exceptionally good products and are nice people !

+1

They are a family business and are working hard.

I have no connections other than knowing they make exceptionally good products and are nice people !

I also have a few of their products and attest of the high quality.
Always had good communication and service.
I just ordered a replacement fascia plate for my Duplex Fuel Selector as I accidently sprayed some etching acid on the original... :rolleyes:

Ordered late August, received today. :cool:

Last edited:
I always found that a phone call to Andair takes care of the problem. They are a small outfit and clobbered by covid like everyone else.

It doesn’t have anything to do with Covid....they’ve always been the same...great products but very poor communications response. Check out the archives...posters on VansAirforce have been whinging about Andair's communications response for more than a decade.

Last edited:
I contacted Andair and placed an order in June for an extension to a fuel selector they sell. They told me it'd be an extra few weeks due to lead times. It's now September and multiple unreplied emails later and I still don't have that extension piece or an idea of when to expect it. Every few weeks I ping them again when I remember.... Might have to call them at this point.

I contacted Andair and placed an order in June for an extension to a fuel selector they sell. They told me it'd be an extra few weeks due to lead times. It's now September and multiple unreplied emails later and I still don't have that extension piece or an idea of when to expect it. Every few weeks I ping them again when I remember.... Might have to call them at this point.

My experience (and others) has been that if you call them you get taken care of.

I just wish there was a place in the US which sold all of their gear.

I could write a similar email about several small US companies that supply a small range of parts for small aircraft - but I don't because there are few alternatives.

The answer is dealing with individual homebuilders across several time zones is not easy and does not generate much cash flow. They are working hard to provide parts to various small aircraft companies which is their bread & butter. I know Andy well, and I also know Owen who now runs the company. They are good guys. Andy has built several RVs. Virus lockdown has been quite limiting in the UK, the government wanted everyone to work from home. Restrictions are now being re-imposed as the virus is becoming more prevalent again. Clearly that is difficult for small companies like Andair.

I use Andair equipment on my aeroplane and am very happy with their products and their service. Make your own decision based on your own experience but please stop whining that any company outside of the US is for some reason inadequate when they don't immediately return your phone calls/emails. These are tough times, everyone needs a little slack.

Pete

I have an Andair gascolator I bought some years ago, only now installing it. I phoned them to obtain male rather than the female fittings it had come with. They offered to exchange the fittings for the price of postage, and were very prompt in doing so. A happy customer, and of course the quality of their fuel valves and gascolators is excellent.

I use Andair equipment on my aeroplane and am very happy with their products and their service. Make your own decision based on your own experience but please stop whining that any company outside of the US is for some reason inadequate when they don't immediately return your phone calls/emails. These are tough times, everyone needs a little slack.

Pete

I think it's important for people to know when you go multiple months with multiple emails not being returned. I have no complaints about their products, the stuff I have on hand looks like it's great quality and great engineering. But if the consensus is you have to take time out of your day to specially schedule a time to call them because of massive time zone differences for them to make your order happen, that's **** poor customer service. I understand COVID restrictions means there's delays. I would appreciate a proactive email letting me know my order would be delayed. Or an estimated ship date. But failing that, a response to an inquiry would be great. Which is why email is such a great thing because I don't expect an immediate response, just A response within say 1 month would be great. But no, it's been 4 months with no word from them and this is to the point where I absolutely will make sure other people know about their communications issues.

Other companies like Aerosport, Aircraft Specialty, and PHAviation are also small outfits but they can return my emails within an hour business hours or not and they let me know when my order is delayed, which is great because I can plan around that. I don't expect 1 hour response times. I'd be perfectly happy with weeklong turnarounds. 4+ months though?

They are listed in the Aircraft Spruce catalogue.

But spruce does not carry all of Andair items.

That's why I was specific in saying I wished a US organization would carry ALL the Andair gear.

For instance, I had to send to England for some valve right angles.

Yup

I've sent 3 emails over the past few weeks requesting update on order placed long ago.

Zero response - no answer to phone either.

Back