What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Autopilot Settings

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
For the most part my autopilot is awesome. I've two conditions that need adjustment.

1. When at cruise altitude, and leaning, if I get underpowered on the lean side the autopilot doesn't compensate correctly and a down pitch starts; the system adjusts trim as it is happening, and it doesn't recover without manual action.

2. When in a "VS is set" descent (not sure the technical term), there is a fair amount of hunting.

Approaches are on the money no problem.

Any ideas?

Sorry to be a bit naive but where can I get a copy of the Garmin Autopilot Tuning Guide.

Is this the calibration procedure in the installation manual or a supplementary document?

I have processed through the Installation calibration and the Van's settings.

John

G3X Autopilot Tuning Guide

Sorry to be a bit naive but where can I get a copy of the Garmin Autopilot Tuning Guide.

Is this the calibration procedure in the installation manual or a supplementary document?

I have processed through the Installation calibration and the Van's settings.

John

John,

You can find the Autopilot Tuning Guide in Appendix A of the AM Revision of the G3X Touch Installation Manual.

Thanks,

Justin

Autopilot Gain Settings

It's in the G3X installation guide.

Did you have any luck with improving your autopilot performance? If not, do you possibly have a datalog from the flight you could email over to us?

Thanks,

Justin

Back