What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-7A owner saying hello!

JIrwin

Hi everyone, Earlier this week I purchased a new-to-me 7A and I'm psyched to become part of the Vans family. I bought the plane in central Florida, and took a couple of days to fly her to my home airport in Maine. She flies like a dream and is better than I ever imagined.

I've spent the past six months reading hundreds of threads in this forum, and I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who post on here. You answered all of my questions before I ever had to ask them! I hope to meet some of you who are based up here in New England, or even just visiting. I'm based at Bar Harbor/Hancock County (KBHB).

-Jason

Attachments

• IMG_5090.jpeg
    IMG_5090.jpeg
    452.8 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0124 (2).jpg
    IMG_0124 (2).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0150 (3).jpg
    IMG_0150 (3).jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 397
Welcome to the club! You're in good company. I'm sure you're going to enjoy that airplane a lot.

Awesome

Hi Jason
My cousin recently moved just outside of Bar Harbor back to central Florida earlier this year. I flew up there for the first time last year with my sister, which was her first time in my 6. The highlight of the flight was flying over NY at 5500’ just east of the Hudson on the way up. However that turned out to be the second highlight of the the flt because when we flew back to Florida we flew down the Hudson at 1300’. 😁. It was incredible.

Welcome aboard
Daren

A good looking RV, you're gonna love it!

And you're at Bah Hahbah? Hey man, can you clear out the murky fog this morning? I'm in Bangor right now waiting for it to clear... gotta do a scenic coastal run down towards BOS and Long Island. I hope!

Congatulations Jason! You're going to love flying your RV around the Northeast. John, if you do get down Long Island/Connecticut way today, and you're looking for someplace to eat, we have a food truck fesitval going on from 1100-1800 at 4B9, Simsbury.

Nice to have you here Jason! Nice bird congratulations! Pretty place to be based too. There is a sizeable contingent of RVators in New England. It’s a home to Flash Mob Squadron with Captain John at the helm. If you ever decide to explore high desert of Wild West let me know :)

gg1.jpg

Hi Jason and welcome aboard. We are truly glad to have you. Here on VAF, you're in good company... no strangers around this place!

Thanks everyone! I've been having a blast with the plane. John, sorry about the fog- it messed up my plans today too, but it was nice this morning to see, and be in the company of your beautiful RV-8 (N8YV) as we made our way down the Maine coast.
The fog had lifted, but only for a little while, and then it came back with a vengeance late this afternoon before I could make it home, so I'm at my alternate down in Auburn for the night.

Thanks everyone! I've been having a blast with the plane. John, sorry about the fog- it messed up my plans today too, but it was nice this morning to see, and be in the company of your beautiful RV-8 (N8YV) as we made our way down the Maine coast.
The fog had lifted, but only for a little while, and then it came back with a vengeance late this afternoon before I could make it home, so I'm at my alternate down in Auburn for the night.

It's a small world on this internet thingy isn't it?

After waiting several hours in Bangor waiting for the coastal fog to lift, Bar Harbor finally opened up, yay! So, I blasted off for BHB; no real reason to go there other than I wanted to bag a landing; as I'm clearing the runway, there goes a familiar looking RV-7A taxiing by in front of me... it's Jason with his new toy! Too dang funny. Really man, I wasn't stalking you or anything headed down the coast! And what engine is in that beast? Even with taking off right behind you, I couldn't keep up! I have a 180hp with constant speed prop, but think she's getting a little tired at 1750 hours.

I was hoping for a scenic coastal run down towards Portland, but, nope! It was solid murk from Bar Harbor all the way to Portland; Rockland and Brunswick were socked in. Gotta be frustrating to deal with that on a regular basis I'm sure. Glad you have alternates! Enjoy that RV, it's gonna be a blast...

She’s an absolute rocket with the io-360 A1A (200hp) and a CS prop.
I was also looking forward to a nice scenic ride down the coast, but the fog had other plans for us. I fly alone 90% of the time, so it was really nice to see you during the ride yesterday. I wish I had other planes to fly with more often!

I’ll snap a panel pic later today when the fog lifts. It’s a classic setup with mostly steam gauges, complemented by some nice upgrades like a 430w, and Trutrak Gemini ap.

Jim,
Welcome to the friendly skies of RV flying in Maine! There are several of us flying out of Belfast these days; two 9As, two 7As, a 12 and now an 8 & 14 under construction. Hope to connect for a ‘mission’ or meet up one of these fine fall days.

Back