What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch timer

jacksel

Well Known Member
It's a shame the mighty G3X touch system doesn't track flight time automatically for each leg. It accumulates total time. And also has a manual timer. But it will not automatically record inflight time for each leg like the good old GTX-327 used to.......Or does it?.........I haven't found a way.

John Walsh
83FL

I have a G3X non-touch system which gets what you want through the Menu button then Flight Log selection.

The G3X in the "date fields" will track the time from master on, and in a separate window, track time from RPM over 1300.
G.

It's a shame the mighty G3X touch system doesn't track flight time automatically for each leg. It accumulates total time. And also has a manual timer. But it will not automatically record inflight time for each leg like the good old GTX-327 used to.......Or does it?.........I haven't found a way.

John Walsh
83FL

I posed this same question to the G3Xperts a couple years ago, and was told no such timer available. I too liked knowing the actual in-air time and also got this info from the GTX 327 I used to have. I can dig through a couple menus in the 430 and get it. Don't know if the newer navigators have it or not.

Hello,

In the G3X Touch Pilot's Guide, Appendix B (Page 379) outlines details of the flight logging features.

With EIS items configured, the Flight Log will display total running time. However, by selecting the specific Flight Log in question, the system will detail both time spent on the ground and actual flight time in-air for each specific leg.

BR,

Brad

Attachments

• Flight Log G3X.jpg
    Flight Log G3X.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Back