What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foam for fiberglass and black RTV molds

Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
Just FWIW, I discovered a yellow foam at my local MENARDS that is a very fine cell structure like Elastafoam. It glues well to laminate, and sands very well. Not as coarse as normal Pink and Blue from big box outlets. A real plus is it comes in 2'x2'x 1" sheets instead 4'x8".

Just made some foam cores last week. My new go to is slabs of pink foam board from Home Depot glued together with Bob Smith Industries foam safe craft glue stk #962 126. It takes 10 hrs to fully cure, but holds well and sands cleanly. If needed fast dry drywall mud makes a good filler for minor fix up.
Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Just FWIW, I discovered a yellow foam at my local MENARDS that is a very fine cell structure like Elastafoam. It glues well to laminate, and sands very well. Not as coarse as normal Pink and Blue from big box outlets. A real plus is it comes in 2'x2'x 1" sheets instead 4'x8".

What department is it stocked in? I wouldn't mind picking some up at my local Menard's (my favorite store) for a couple projects on the -9A.

David

It was with other foam near the contractor desk at my store. The pink was outside but the little 2'x2' was inside.

Chuck

Everything looks right. Mine is yellow, the web pic is green, so I cant assure you. The cell texture is very fine, it cuts and machines well and sands very well.

It was with other foam near the contractor desk at my store. The pink was outside but the little 2'x2' was inside.

Thanks Larry. I will pick some up next time I am there. They have 96 sheets in stock at my store!

Back