What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy skirt interior

Sam_B

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Hello all, just got the final shape of the canopy skirt done tonight. To get there, I had to make a few cuts then hot glue the skirt to the packing tape that was on the rear top skin. It turned out nice on the outside, but the inside looks rough. What did those that have gone before do to give the inside of the canopy skirt a more finished look? I was thinking of something like this:

https://www.kitplanes.com/full-inverted-pocket-system/

It would be a good place for flashlights, pens, maps, etc though I?m not sure I need all that storage.

Also wouldn?t work toward the back either, so I was just wondering what others had done.

Best regards,
Sam

Finish the inside......

I finished the underside just like to outside. Micro, sand, fill, sand some more then primed and painted with the interior paint. All this was done before I mounted it permanently to the canopy frame. Also painted the frame prior. It may not be quite as smooth as the outside but most of the underside is not gonna be a focal point of view.

No pix

I don't currently have a way to post a picture, but I finished the inside of mine with a Wasp patterned carbon fiber that I got from FibreGlast. The rollbar is done in matte black, and black sicaflex is the sealant. It looks pretty nice. Nice enough that it is bothering me that I can't post a picture. But if you would like to see it, PM me an email, and I will send you a picture.

With pics

I was able to send this to Sam, but figured out a way to host a picture, so for everyone else who is curious, here it is:

inner-skirt-557.jpeg

Back