What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior Engine

Adam

Well Known Member
Can anyone out there tell me what thay think of the the Superior engine, and what about the Roller Lifters, worth the the extra money.

HeyAdam,
I am not an engine guru, but Mahlon at Mattituck is, give him a call or send him an e-mail. Personally I think the superior parts are very nice and have more innovation than your standard lycoming, I myself have a TMX-360 with superior parts on order with Mattituck. As far as the roller lifters go I don't think they are a know item yet, that said if you want to give them a go great. I believe(don't quote me) they are mainly a help on star up but as far as overall I don't know they are worth the extra 2 grand or what ever that option is.
Regardless give Mahlon a call he is a great guy to deal with, he put up with all my silly questions :D
Kirk

I am really pleased with the price and service from Mattituck. Give them a try. We are 3 guys at the RV Squadron in Peachtree City GA that have selected Mattituck engines.

Ulf Petersson
RV8AQB N84UN

For what it's worth...when I was checking out engines, I found that Superior had recalls on several parts, including their new sump. I ended up going with the Titan kit engine from ECI through AERO Inc. Light Plane Maintenance (LPM) rated the ECI cylinders higher. Another extra was AERO's forward servo sump, which I was able to substitute for the regular sump. Their kit was pretty good; however, there were a few pieces missing, mostly nuts and bolts and a couple of large O rings for the intake manifolds. They were very quick to make everything right, so no real complaints. They also offer an assembled engine. If I remember correctly the price was about the same as Superior. ECI's Titan seems to be a true clone of the Lycoming with very little change from the original.

Back