What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need to update an Apollo GX-55

DylanRush

I just sold an Apollo GPS and a Jeppesen G1 nav data programmer to two different people. I had forgotten that the database was only for US West. The gentleman who bought the GPS lives on the east coast. I want to help this person out since I didn't let him know that the database was only for the West coast. I am wondering if anyone out there has a Jeppesen G1 programmer, or any other way to update a PCMCIA nav data card, and is willing to perform an update on our behalf or loan the updater to one of us.

Update

I have a couple of old Jeppesen updaters. I'll dig them out and see if it's what u need. If so, it's yours......

Updater

Is this what you need?

Attachments

• A61B5A48-A1F3-45EF-BAD5-EF066B5551CB.jpg
    A61B5A48-A1F3-45EF-BAD5-EF066B5551CB.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 280
Updater

Ok,PM me the address you'd like it sent to and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

Rob

I just sold an Apollo GPS and a Jeppesen G1 nav data programmer to two different people. I had forgotten that the database was only for US West. The gentleman who bought the GPS lives on the east coast. I want to help this person out since I didn't let him know that the database was only for the West coast. I am wondering if anyone out there has a Jeppesen G1 programmer, or any other way to update a PCMCIA nav data card, and is willing to perform an update on our behalf or loan the updater to one of us.

Where are you getting the database from? I hav not gotten a database for by GX65 for many years. I thought Garmin stopped supplying them.

Jeppesen. They will stop issuing updates after the Dec 2020 cycle.

I was told by Jeppesen at AirVenture 2019 that December 2019 was the LAST database available for the old GX series units. Do you have a link to info that Garmin extended the deadline?

Back