What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage center section bulkhead deburring

msmst25

Well Known Member
I just wanted to make sure I’m doing this right. Page 25-2 says debut the edges on all parts. I assume I need to deburr the bulkhead, but it seems weird since it already has a gold finish. After deburring, should I prime it with the normal primer? I’m already priming the interior parts, so I don’t want to start another discussion about the need for priming. Thanks for the help.

I have the same question. I don’t want to put a file or deburring tool on the anodized parts BUT there are a few sharp edges that on any other part I would have radiused.

Deburr anodized parts

Late reply - Deburr anodized parts - I would Deburr those sharp edges, rather than have a potential crack propagation point, I have had a few holes in the “final drilled” parts a little undersized as well. You WILL remove the conversion coating. You can get a brush-on or stick ALODINE conversion coating to protect. (I have used them in the avionics OEM industry years ago) I would wipe those areas with Acetone, MEK, etc. wash with Dawn detergent, and acid etch that small spot first. (Use AC / evaporative cooler cleaner as it has Phosphoric Acid,) then rinse and apply ALODINE. Then Prime or not to prime point in the equation. dl

Back