What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Radial RV-8 lives!

I've just spent the last hour looking at your site and pics, along with the video. Mate, well done. What a beast of a plane :)

Nice Music

You could sell copies of that sound track. The take of roll and a nice low RPM fly over will complete the album. Congratulations!

Impeccable

I saw this on the way home from SNF a couple of weeks ago. The workmanship is impeccable. It is going to be a head turner to say the least.

Vic

radial

I don't know how practical or expensive such a project as a radial RV8 might be, but it sure is off the meter for cool. Good for you!!!! It looks like you have done a fine job. I'm gonna fly over to Spruce Creek and look at it soon. You should be very proud. I may get a plane load to come with me. We'll schedule a time with you before we come. I can hardly wait to look at it up close.

David Watson

congrats on a great build. got a chance to see it being towed past the cafe at the creek last week. a top 10 rv for sure. ;)

also a great place to get your medical done by a award winning rv7 owner. Dr. Kurrle. thanks for another 2 year medical. :)

Oh that radial sound, truly drool-worthy. The muscle car of RVs. Land on a large multi-lane road next to a Camaro or Mustang, and just rev it next to them at a red light. :D Absolutely awesome sound.

Looking cool without cowling!

IMG_2226.JPG

I guess it's a new feature. Sure caught me off guard. The video is from an IPhone. I think it has an auto stabilize feature.

Nice!

Now to more important things... :) What software did you use to stabilize the video? Or is that part of YouTube now?

I guess it's a new feature. Sure caught me off guard. The video is from an IPhone. I think it has an auto stabilize feature.

It's an option on YouTube after the video is uploaded. Sometimes you have to tell it to do it, but occasionally (if the video is shaky enough) it does it automatically. To do it manually, go to your video, select "enhancements", and look for "stabilize".

Congratulations! I enjoyed seeing your project when we were in the Daytona area in early 2014. I'm really looking forward to seeing it at OSH or SNF.

Good luck with all the million final details, and the eventual flight testing.

Back