What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Florida winters

MarkW

Well Known Member
Friend
We had a three ship planned for a trip from Sanford, FL. KSFB to Venice, FL. KVNC for Saturday but the weather was windy and 700' yuk ahead of a front.
Sunday could not have been better. Severe clear 65-70f. Left Sanford as a two ship and flew to the West coast for a trip south past Tampa to the West side and down the coast.
We could only find a few clouds.
1zzsxeh.jpg
[/IMG]
Florida West Coast about Tarpon Springs
2cgzf5t.jpg
[/IMG]
52dll1.jpg
[/IMG]

The internet was a little slow this morning so this took a while.
Anclote Key looking south.
25smkg0.jpg

Treasure Island
1fbr7t.jpg

St. Pete beach/ Pass-a-grille and Tampa Bay in the distance.
2z6yred.jpg

Lower Tampa Bay and the Skyway Bridge.
2vkaps5.jpg

Anna Maria and Long Boat Key
10rmmar.jpg

Last edited:
Part 3

Longboat Pass with our favorite anchorage to the lower right.
n5sznq.jpg

Pretty blue water of Venice Beach approaching runay 5 KVNC
16jn8r7.jpg

Just in time for lunch.
21ctj5t.jpg

Got the shuttle over to Sharky's on the beach.
FBO charged $10 per plane since we didn't get fuel.
Sorry Vlad no food pictures
Keep pounding those rivets.

sunday was the best. did you get a good tailwind heading south. i did a trip to albert whitted and back home. severe clear. :)

see you at sebring.

Mark, next time you are headed to Venice/Sharkys give me a call. I can park you by my hangar (no fee) and transport you to Sharky's. Do it all the time. I'm in the VAF white pages.

Beautiful area we live in!

Very, very, very cool post. My Grandmother used to live in Bradenton and I have been to just about all of the places you have photographed. Good post! Thanks for sharing.

~J~

Loved seeing our old sailing areas from a different perspective. Thanks for sharing, Mark. Can't wait to join you.

Darn...

Your'e making me homesick for CLW...Old member of EAA282. I'll be at SNF for abt 2 weeks but sure would like to escape this N Georgia winter:D

Back