What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel vent with screen

Bevan

Well Known Member
Who sells the fuel vent (made from An832-4D bulkhead) with a tiny screen already installed?

Bevan

Who sells the fuel vent (made from An832-4D bulkhead) with a tiny screen already installed?

Bevan

You can get the screen from the hardware store listed as an aerator screen for a home faucet. Is there some reason you wanted to get one ready-made?

If you make one, I found it is easier to cut near to size , epoxy/proseal, then "dremel" the excess to keep the screen together.

You can get the screen from the hardware store listed as an aerator screen for a home faucet. Is there some reason you wanted to get one ready-made?

If you make one, I found it is easier to cut near to size , epoxy/proseal, then "dremel" the excess to keep the screen together.

How do you secure the screen up inside the tube without so it doesn’t fall out and without plugging up the screen with glue? I think mine may have been turned on a lathe to creat a groove inside that the screen snaps into.

Thanks.

Bevan

Those are effectively fairings. I’m looking for the bulkhead fittings that have been machined to accept a small screen disc and the screen already installed. They are superior to the first version I made myself according to Van’s instructions.

Bevan

They have the screen already installed....at least mine did.

Back