What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flox tool question

az_gila

Well Known Member
Guys, what tools are you using to apply flox?

I have used popsicle sticks (large and small) and flex putty knives but can't seen to find a tool to apply small amounts neatly into corners.

What are you using?

Yellow plastic bondo spreaders from auto body shop.

You can cut/shape as needed.

2kJJer7bMdc41wpJqJLRhwKiSdZDoTXBszoYtxCkoPgkxlCrDjF0tdVPmbJBgryF7r-Gqv3m3enptypm2ErLMqpIIwhc6dnfLXeG80TgBfZ6tQDyeDRma21JEGY_W2nLcCydFOrmMIowLRvJvHE8XJUEvPZCW96BnaFY1xysahzzZgsWiBHFiTzpiYiHo0p52phZExmf-3dei0hO_-k=s1000-pd-e365-rw-pc0xffffff

In a corner, the rounded tip of a Sharpie marker worked well for me. I also have a 4" length of 3/8" o.d. Teflon pipe that's handy on straight corners. The technique I used was to mask off the area on either side of the bead, apply the flox, then remove the masking tape with the excess flox. One final pass with the tool feathered out the edges. Sometimes I would use peel-ply over the joint.

I trim popsicle sticks to the shape I want. Any shape, as long as it's small. Metal cutters and a file for clean up, with scissors also working.

Dave

I trim popsicle sticks to the shape I want. Any shape, as long as it's small. Metal cutters and a file for clean up, with scissors also working.

Dave

Yeah, I do the same with tongue depressors. Can trim to most any shape ...

Caulk tool?

I haven?t worked flox,... but have used the caulk tools. Suspect they would work on small corners. The yellow spreaders mentioned earlier would be needed for larger areas.

Quick online search should get some good pics.

I've also taken to using some cheap silicon kitchen spatulas, both Mini and regular sized. I like that they are super flexible and easy to clean and reuse.

Lynn

Is your mix too thick to apply with a 'horse syringe' ? That would get it into the corner, and then you could dress it with fillet tool of choice.

Back