What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ASPD LOW indication Dynon Autopilot

Tacco

Well Known Member
When I disconnect the autopilot (but leave it powered up) I frequently get an ASPD LOW indication when, for example, entering the pattern. It?s extremely annoying because it appears displayed right over the bank indicator. I kinda use that one during slow flight in the pattern! Anyone else have this and what do you do about it?

Could be that a single push of the AP Disconnect button (the one next to the throttle) disconnects the AP servo connections but leaves the AP working in the background (i.e., the command bars are still depicted and working and the ASPD Low warning can appear). Double-push the AP Disconnect button and the entire AP system including command bars and ASPD Low warning is shut off. I'll have to double-check this on tomorrow's flight.

Bug

I have been able to reproduce this with all of the autopilot alerts as well. Not pictured, but you will notice if you switch to full screen the alert remains in the same location on the screen, but the turn coordinator moves to the center of the screen so it is no longer obscured.

It appears to be a bug in the user interface that was overlooked. I haven't found a way to make it go away other than to not turn on the autopilot at all during a flight.

OqyB1kZj0jYFnSwylom9E9s3uTiAwI-tNsxXuUT3Sgza5wTtbEXaH3neScyKeIplDpJ40IS0jFFskDVyfsNTqUv2w_Szp-28pHjkPLDX4OjkLt11AZhLV4J35NwFyiYZwXCCH4Y6_z4=w480

After you double-click the AP Disconnect you may see a yellow "SPD" warning depending on how you set up your AP speed limits. SkyView uses a yellow "SPD" indicator in the Top Bar to denote that the aircraft airspeed is outside of the specified autopilot airspeed range as specified during installation. When SPD is displayed in the Top Bar the autopilot cannot be engaged.

The Skyview Warning Messages covering the slip ball have been fixed and will be in the next production software release.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10
Advanced Flight Systems / Dynon Avionics

Thanks guys. Tested the double click method too today and it works. Glad to see the Dynon guys will modify the system as well. And for the record, the Skyview HDX System is the coolest most intuitive system ever! Sometimes I feel like Rip Van Winkle. When I last flew regularly, sectional folding and one handed wiz wheeling were required skills. :)

Back