What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EWR LGA JFK... in an RV-8

jonweisw

Well Known Member
Am I the first to do this in an RV?

flight%20aware%20ewr%20lga%20jfk%20jpg.jpg

Video to come on my channel (Life in the Fast Lane - which is about my travels in a Meridian, but which will feature an episode on this when I can get it edited https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9CTZjYXYBMCrKLCXdOaMqQ/).

Jon

LGA

I recall investigating flying my RV10 into LGA to attend the US Open tennis tourament. The landing fee was $$150 and then it was about $100 per night out on the ramp and if the moved your plane for any reason they charged you another $100.

I decided to fly into Princeton, NJ instead and take the train into the city. Much better deal. Teterboro is also relatively reasonable by comparison.

That was so enjoyable to watch Jon. Thank you!!!!

Full screen and I watched it twice.

I've been doing some sim work at CAE in the Phenom 300, and you almost always do the VOR Rwy 4 circle to 13R at Kennedy. I've only seen the airport in the sim (your video was the first time I've seen the actual airport). "Hey, I know those runways!!!!" ;^)

What a great video Sir! Thank you putting this together. It's already got a few of us thinking about asking for a low approach at our DFW. You got the brain cells working in us <grin>.

Thanks again,
doug

Long time, no see

Hey John, been a long time since our paths crossed.
Great video, great channel.
Nice to see a series promoting use of GA with very professional planning and execution of the flights.

Not to mention great music! Saw the Eagles at Bethel Woods for the "History" tour, second best (to McCartney) concert I've been to. Guess I need to catch you in concert.

Scott
N733JJ

Just saw this now! Wow! Attention from the air boss!

So happy you liked it and glad that it's in some way helping with your Phenom work.

Thanks for reaching out!

Jon
Full screen and I watched it twice.

I've been doing some sim work at CAE in the Phenom 300, and you almost always do the VOR Rwy 4 circle to 13R at Kennedy. I've only seen the airport in the sim (your video was the first time I've seen the actual airport). "Hey, I know those runways!!!!" ;^)

What a great video Sir! Thank you putting this together. It's already got a few of us thinking about asking for a low approach at our DFW. You got the brain cells working in us <grin>.

Thanks again,
doug

Back