What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I am thankful for the Vans Air Force website

BenNabors

Well Known Member
I have looked at the news, it turns my stomach. I have looked at Facebook and find hateful posts. But I can come here and find articles and stories from people who have successful lives, are engaged in having fun, being constructive, and writing about it for free with no hidden agenda.

Thank you Doug Reeves for a great website with great community standards. Thank you VAF members for keeping me entertained.

I have looked at the news, it turns my stomach. I have looked at Facebook and find hateful posts. But I can come here and find articles and stories from people who have successful lives, are engaged in having fun, being constructive, and writing about it for free with no hidden agenda.

Thank you Doug Reeves for a great website with great community standards. Thank you VAF members for keeping me entertained.

I second that. VAF is a fantastic resource!

When my starter whirred yesterday morning without engaging, 3 minutes on VAF led me to the Ford Crown Vic solenoid. 45 minutes later a new one was installed and I was on my way to breakfast. Exempt but going to send in some more beer money today.

Chris

I look at FB, but ignore the hateful stuff. :) I post pictures of airplane stuff on there ALL the time.:)

This site is great

I spend a lot of time on here and I always get good value out of this site, but lately while I've worked on the ailerons and flaps for my -9 I've REALLY got heaps out of VAF. To the guys who've built -9's before, and have wonderful photos and commentary on your build sites, it's been really helpful over the past couple of weeks, so thanks to Bill R & Bruce H. Wirejock, DanH & RVbuilder2002 always provide words of wisdom that I listen to also. Thanks guys.

This!!!

I couldn?t agree more! I recently pulled my Facebook account because I found myself irritated with people?s constant mindless rants. On the other hand, I usually leave VAF happier, smarter, and fonder of folks in general! Dare I say Doug is helping make the world a better place?

I couldn?t agree more! I recently pulled my Facebook account because I found myself irritated with people?s constant mindless rants. On the other hand, I usually leave VAF happier, smarter, and fonder of folks in general! Dare I say Doug is helping make the world a better place?

yeah, I cancelled my Facebook account this week but they say they will activate it automatically if I login within 30 days. I deleted every link I had to it. Goodbye Facebook!

Yea, but can we club together to get Vlad a GPS so he actually knows where the mystery airfield is, instead of having to ask us constantly ......:D

+1; love the VAF and greater Van's community. A great source of motivation and information to turn our piles of aluminum sheet into capable aircraft.

Finished my 7 in 2004 and my 10 in 2006 ; still read this site almost every day. Best bang for the buck there is in aviation. Thank you Doug.

Can?t say enough about this site. Agree with Facebook but keep it to follow a couple of airplane camping sites, my dream life after I build the new high wing, big tire RV xx someday:D.

I've been bringing a laptop or iPad to the hangar most days I work on my plane. Quite often, I find myself googling how to do something.

Yesterday was, how do you install a fuel sender in a QB wing? (since I cannot see inside, even with my snake camera, how do I know if the travel is right.)

9 times out of 10, the top Google hits are from VAF! And someone always has a supportive, well thought out answer.

Thanks VAF and everyone who makes it so great!

Some of us are not allowed to travel right now and seeing the trip write ups are really nice. Thanks to all the great contributors!

Back