What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft, Engine, Propeller Log Entries

Frankster13

I have been conducting several tests as per EAA, FAA protocol as I prepare for my DAR inspection. With this said, what exactly should I be entering in the logs? Or do I not make any log entries until the aircraft is certified airworthy (build complete post DAR inspection)? I have done pitot static, compression, fuel flow, engine test run, etc.

Airframe Logbook entry:

I certify that I built this aircraft for my own education and recreation. I have inspected it in accordance with FAR part 43 appendix D and consider it eligible for an Experimental Airworthiness Certificate for the purpose of Operating Amateur-Built aircraft under the provisions of 14 CFR 21.191g.

Sign and date (Many inspectors will have this on a preprinted sticker)

Engine and Propeller logbooks do not require any specific entries unless you have installed a certified engine/propeller combination. If this is the case, you need to log information verifying that the engine and propeller both meet their respective type certificates.

Back