What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any news about Allan Cummins?

jahoosafat

Has anyone heard anything from Cummins Spinners of late? I corresponded with Allan in Sept of last year and ordered a spinner. I know he's not one for immediate email communication, and the Australia wildfires may have impacted him. So I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard he was OK, still working, etc. Thanks for any info.

Cheers,
Jeff

No response to me either

I sent him an email a couple of months ago, and another recently, both with no response. Has anyone heard from him recently?

He went off the grid about 18 months ago without explanation. He did pop back up and filled some orders, but he didn't offer any reason as to his absence or why he left folks hanging.

He never responded to my half dozen emails about one of his spinners that wouldn't polish, I even offered to purchase a replacement. Never heard back, based on other folks getting responses, he appeared to be cherry picking his email just looking for new orders. I ended up having it chromed by Space Coast Plating (Florida), which looks a lot better than polish and easier to maintain.

I did have one of these fail in flight, but not blaming the spinner, rather the bolt pattern I chose that started about 2 inches from the prop openings leaving just enough for the material to bend. It didn't fail on the bolt hole, rather, ripped about 1 inch in. Luckily, the piece held on, no damage to anything else.

Last edited:
Back