What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ArticAir Coolers

boearl

Well Known Member
Patron
Looking for thoughts concerning the ArticAir Coolers. Our -10 is based out of 0J6, that translates to lower Alabama where the ground cockpit temps soar in late Spring and Summer. Anyone have experience with these coolers? Thanks, Ken

They work fairly well. My buddy in Florida uses one in his Cozy MKIV and keeps the re-freezable packs in a mini freezer in his hanger, so they are always available when he wants to use it. The cooler is large though, and takes up a lot of room in the back seat/luggage area and a good deal of weight. He usually only uses it on long XC flights as ATC likes to keep him at low altitude for a couple hundred miles going to and from Michigan. He turns it off when he gets to altitude in cooler temps. He says he gets a couple hours of use before the freeze packs loose their freeze. More than enough to suffice for his trips.

Thanks. In my research, I’ve not found a better solution for a non-permanently mounted air unit. Our Aussie dog says: “Buy it!”

Ice cube version, for several reasons. One is the A/C start up draws 40 amps. That requires a significant change in the current electrical system.

Last edited:
B-Kool

Also consider B-Kool products. No direct experience, but folks who I know that have them like them. https://www.b-kool.net/

I made my own cooler years ago which is another option.

Last edited:
Back