What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just enrolled in BasicMed for the first time

colojo

Well Known Member
After 35 years of 2nd and 3rd class medicals, I decided to give BasicMed a shot. I have to say, the FAA really got this rule right. After sitting through about an hour of online training material and taking a simple quiz afterwards, all I had to do was bring the physician's checklist in to my doctor today when I had my annual physical. She checked me out and now I'm good to go to fly my RV for the next four years. Glad I tried it.

...... BasicMed a shot. I have to say, the FAA really got this rule right.
Let’s give credit where credit is due, to various individuals and alphabet groups, and congress. The faa hates basic med, it wasn’t ‘born here’.
And then, there’s the nonsense that basic med is okay for a PIC but not for another required crewmember.

Let’s give credit where credit is due, to various individuals and alphabet groups, and congress. The faa hates basic med, it wasn’t ‘born here’.
And then, there’s the nonsense that basic med is okay for a PIC but not for another required crewmember.

+1

The FAA fought tooth and nail to prevent something like basic med from happening. It is here because a passionate Senator took up the torch and got a bill passed through Congress that forced the FAA to adopt it. EAA and AOPA were also instrumental with their lobbying effort.

I am a proud benefactor of this bill. I developed a condition that does not affect my ability to fly, but would have required, VERY expensive testing every year for a special issuance for a third class medical. The PBOR has saved me a small fortune.

Larry

Last edited:
Back