What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Upset Recovery and Spin Training at SAW

dreed

Well Known Member
Hey all, I don't want to make an advertisement, but wanted to share some great training I received this week that I'd highly recommend.

Mike "Cuckoo" Kloch at Specialized Aero Works (SAW) out in Bend, OR. Mike does some great upset recovery and spin training courses with a lot of focus on both the ground and air work that I'd highly recommend if you live out this way or just want to visit beautiful Bend, OR.

The course I took was about 11 hours of ground and 5 hours of air work in a Super Decathlon with three being dedicated to Upset recovery and two to Spin training/recovery, etc.

While highly educational, it was a heck of a lot of fun too! Got to do my first acro (I'll do more for sure!) :)

My plane is getting close so I did transition training as well. I got 9 hours with Mike Seager last week in the Vans factory 9A and the 14A which was (as expected) great and highly educational too. I can't say enough good things about mike taking my rusty butt from flying in general and no RV Time at all. I was a ham fisted fool in the RV at first!

Last edited:
Back