- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > Glass Cockpit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2020, 02:58 PM

Default Bluetooth Wx Bug

Gents -

I really think there is something screwy going on with this latest update and the FIS-B weather over Bluetooth. I have yet to have this consistently work. Went flying again today and weather no longer shows on my PFD wx pages (nothing at all, no nexrad, winds aloft, etc) - constantly waiting for data. Shows up just fine on the MFD via RS232. When it happened, I went into the PFD Bluetooth page and the connection to the 45R was still working.

Does anyone have this working successfully with a dual G3X setup and GTX45R transponder?
Old 09-26-2020, 07:18 PM

Yes long cross country flight today. The WX page display never updated with current WX info. Was receiving data from the 45R Via the 232 and blue tooth. But the map page had weather.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cderk View Post
Gents -

I really think there is something screwy going on with this latest update and the FIS-B weather over Bluetooth. I have yet to have this consistently work. Went flying again today and weather no longer shows on my PFD wx pages (nothing at all, no nexrad, winds aloft, etc) - constantly waiting for data. Shows up just fine on the MFD via RS232. When it happened, I went into the PFD Bluetooth page and the connection to the 45R was still working.

Does anyone have this working successfully with a dual G3X setup and GTX45R transponder?
Yes I have had the same issues. This has been a problem especially with the new FIS-B weather products that are connected via Bluetooth like Clouds, Ice and Winds Loft. Why does Garmin use Bluetooth for some but not all the FIS-B weather?
GTR 200 & 20 COMM's, 245 audio, GTX 45R
Repairman Certificate
Old 09-27-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmrv7a View Post
Yes I have had the same issues. This has been a problem especially with the new FIS-B weather products that are connected via Bluetooth like Clouds, Ice and Winds Loft. Why does Garmin use Bluetooth for some but not all the FIS-B weather?
My guess is that they donít have the RS232 interface for the new products done yet, which is fine... just frustrates the heck out of me that a) they donít test things better and b) when things donít work, they tend to blame the installation or something else.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:44 PM

Default Fuel Pressure readings

I updated G3X to software version 8.72 today. Seemed to go well, except, I now have 26.5 psi of fuel pressure showing with nothing on. No boost pump, no mixture, no engine running. I thought it used to read zero until I hit boost pump on and moved mixture to rich. Anyone else experiencing this?

Iíll contact Garmin tomorrow to see what they say.
Donation Happily Made 2020
Old 09-29-2020, 01:06 AM

Randy,

As a sanity check, how about pushing in the mixture and the throttle to see if the pressure goes away? Is it possible that your system holds pressure very well after shutdown?
Old 09-29-2020, 03:26 AM

Have you checked your fuel pressure gauge? I know they were having issues with those Kavlico sensors breaking... sometimes bursting violently.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidocs View Post
Randy,

As a sanity check, how about pushing in the mixture and the throttle to see if the pressure goes away? Is it possible that your system holds pressure very well after shutdown?
As simple as that! Moved mixture in, pressure dropped! Never noticed that before. Always happy when the fix is so simple! Thank you.
Donation Happily Made 2020
Old 10-20-2020, 03:28 PM

Hi Justin or G3xpert,

Not sure if there is any correlation, but since upgrading to 8.72 I'm getting a red X over my transponder on the G3X, intermittently at first, but lately seems to be constant. Perhaps I have a problem with my GTX 23ES transponder but wanted to check to see if there might be a connection to the new software. The transponder appears to be working normally in flight so might be a serial port issue. Thanks.
RV-7 (Sold)
RV-8 (Builder & Avionics Installer)
www.phaviation.com Trim Relay Boards/Flap Actuators
www.pathatch.com/blog (Photography)
Track Me