What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spark plug harness

Machsandy

We fly our RV10 in the UK. As we do a lot of IFR, with the fickle British weather then we are often flying in rain. As a result the top front spark plug leads get corroded on the aluminium connector nuts.

Has anyone tried another harness with steel connectors and if so are they elbow connectors. If they are elbow connectors is there enough room under the standard cowl?

Our existing Harness has about 5 years and 400 hours on it.

As my previous post has had no response I am presuming everyone is using harnesses with aluminium sparkplug connections?

Does anyone else have corrosion problems with the front plugs?

Is there any view on best harness products? I think ours is a Champion but do Kelly also make a suitable harness?

I would be interested too, most of my top leads have rust spots on them as well. Not so much on the connector nuts, but on the coiled cable leading to the plugs. I think it's time for a replacement.

john

Hello Thor

I live in Camberley about 30 miles SW of London, the aeroplane is based at a farm strip 30 miles further SW near Winchester. We routinely fly the aeroplane as far North as Aberdeen and as far South as the Channel Islands.

I thought that it was possible to get a more robust harness and this forum is unbeatable in getting more information. Maybe I should try on the traditional aircraft engines section to see if some non RV10 guys have any views?

Back