What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Kit Arrived

Randy H

I'm New Here
Hi:

My RV12 wing kit arrived on Friday. I did the inventory last night. One entire subkit was missing (subkit #5). Anyone else have this problem?

I called Van's this morning and they said that they would sent a new subkit out to me. I have no idea how long it will take but I am not in any hurry.

I noticed that my spars are a shinny "aluminum" color. I thought that they were supposed to be anodized. I asked the fellow who answered the phone about it. He said that the spars are anodized "clear" and that I should not worry about priming either the spar or any of the parts.

Randy H.

Don't worry, Vans has always sent missing parts quickly unless there is some huge reason not to.

It is my understanding that the spars are clear anodized and as far as priming the other parts goes, thats up to you!

What is your customer number?

My RV12 wing kit arrived on Friday.

Randy- if you don't mind posting it, what number are you? A number of us are trying to monitor where things are from a shipping status perspective to better figure out how production is proceeding and when those with serial numbers in the 30's/40's/50's might expect our wing kits.

Shipping date

I have #42. Talked to Van's Tuesday and was informed it would ship week of June 23. Also said 93 orders received so far.

MRT890

RV 12

Randy- if you don't mind posting it, what number are you? A number of us are trying to monitor where things are from a shipping status perspective to better figure out how production is proceeding and when those with serial numbers in the 30's/40's/50's might expect our wing kits.

I am customer number 12.

Randy

Serial #28 to ship the week of June 16

I have #42. Talked to Van's Tuesday and was informed it would ship week of June 23. Also said 93 orders received so far.

MRT890

Per a letter I received from Van's, my wing kit is scheduled to ship during the week of June 16.

-Jim
RV-12, Serial #28

No 33

Unsurprisingly mine is 16th June also. Good wedding anniversary present ;-) However it is destined for Scotland, so who knows when it will finally arrive here.

No. 41

Got an invoice today saying mine is week of June 23rd- correlates with what others are posting. That puts lead time for mine at 11 weeks- 3-5 weeks longer than what I was told when I called prior to faxing my order. Oh well, maybe they will ship a bit sooner.

Anyone noticed the website still says 4-6 weeks? Think it needs an update!

Talked to Vans yesterday I have # 74 and they told me they where up to 99 at the time of my call . My ship date per letter is suppose to be july 23rd .

Brad

Back