What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT prop governor clocking

riseric

Well Known Member
Patron
MT prop governer supplied by Van's with the FF kit.

Installed the governor (accessory case) and it seems that the arm needs to be clocked 180 degrees.
As it is, the arm (against the stop at fine pitch) is below (7 O'clock ish position looking from rear) and can only move anti-clockwise. That means forward on the Prop level for coarse pitch. Not ideal to say the least...
Clocking the face 180 degrees would put the arm at around one O'clock, thus enabling the prop cable to "pull" the arm towards coarse.

Is removing the face screws and rotating face something us mere mortals can do or is it best to have it done by a Prop shop?
I am due to pick-up my prop in a few days at the prop shop...

Attachments

• IMG_4506.pdf
    15.7 MB · Views: 271
Yes, that’s what I wish.
To rotate the arm/faceplate from the 7ish o’clock to the 1ish o’clock position before installing the bracket in the horizontal position.
I’m wondering how to rotate, or should I have a “pro” do it?

you can do it. cut the safety wire from the screws on the back and loosen them slightly (only one half turn after torque release) and then rotate the assembly to where the lever in in the desired location. tighten the screws and apply safety wire. that's it.

Thanks Steve, that's what I was thinking to do but wouldn't dare.
I see what seems to be the screw tips into the body of the governor.
So, unscrew until the tip clears the body then rotate the face ??

Attachments

• IMG_4523.jpg
    IMG_4523.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 206
Solved !!!

Got it !!!

As per instructions, remove the 3 screws that will receive the bracket, install bracket and re-insert the screws but not tight.
Loosen the other 3 without removing, then the INNER face with the arm rotates, not the OUTER one with the screws.
That's the subtility I didn't see.

One more thing learned !!! :cool:

Back