What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage compartment door Lf

RGReid

I'm New Here
Does anybody have any drawings to fabricate a left side forward baggage compartment door? I find myself in a situation where I need to split the forward baggage compartment loosing half the storage space.

Thanks for the help.

The 8 has a baggage compartment in the front that crosses over the rudder pedals right to left with a door on the right side. I would like to be able to access if from both the right and the left. It has some compound curves and I was wondering if there were any plans out there for a left side door.

That will be some interesting design. I suppose you can cut out the door from the sheet. But then you have to build up the substructure to strengthen it.

That will be some interesting design. I suppose you can cut out the door from the sheet. But then you have to build up the substructure to strengthen it.

The cutout part should be easy; just mimic that of the left-side door. The forward upper skin comes with the outline of the door perforated, you just get to finish cutting it out before doing the fab work. No problem cloning that on the other side.

The structure sounds like the bigger question - I figure the skin has to contribute quite a bit here, so I imagine you'd need some sort of brace to tie the baggage bulkhead to the firewall. I'm nowhere near qualified to comment on what this would need to look like.

Back