What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

O320 gasket question

carguy614

Well Known Member
Hi Group..

Hoping that someone may know the part number for the oil temp sender gasket or crush washer. I am using a copper ring now, which is an automotive drain plug gasket, and am unsure what others may have used.

Thanks to all,
Chris

I believe the gasket you are asking about is:
STD-294 "Gasket, 7/8 O.D. x 5/8 I.D. x 3/32 annular"

It is the same size as used on the oil cooler bypase.

Check with Mahlon, he will know for sure.

Those should do. If the oil temp probe manufacturer recommends something different then use that but most will use those. Be care full to center the gasket on the flange of the probe. It is easy to get misalignment of the gasket to the probe and allow a leak.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Does anyone know whether the seam in the crush washer AN900-10 goes against the engine or against the oil temperature probe? Mine perpetually weeps a bit of oil and don't know whether I need to get a new crush washer and orient it the opposite way. Thanks.

This might help too...

lycoming-torques_zpsd981c236.jpg

AN900 size question

I have an O-320 D3G. Looking for the diameter size of the crush gasket used with the oil sump screen. That’s the one most folks aren’t aware of, but seldom admit not checking it.
I have scanned previous posts but haven’t found the size.
Thanks to all.
Dale

Back