What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My RV8 in a Winger video

What an eclectic bunch of people we get to interact with in this hobby. Awesome.

I miss hair....

A friend of mine forwarded a YouTube video Jon did with his RV, flying to Newark, Kennedy and LaGuardia. Done very well. U can search it under Eaglemania.

As a fellow RV-8 builder and musician of 50+ years, with my own music videos on my YouTube channel... this didn't speak to me; it HOLLERED at me! Loved this one like crazy, and I'm going to share it. BTW, I've had a plan in the works for many years about my first RV-8 flying video... and I'm hoping it will blow some minds. Stay tuned... hopefully this year...

rv-8

It's neat seeing the variety of day jobs individuals have that fly RVs correct me if I'm wrong I believe he's a drummer for a band.:)

Butch

Last edited:
Cool video!

Good video, and good music. I must live under a rock, but I've never heard of this band before, and after looking at their videos on youtube, never recall hearing any of their songs. Will have to check them out!

It's neat seeing the variety of day jobs individuals have that fly RVs correct me if I'm wrong I believe he's a drummer for a band.:)

Butch

Thank you all! To answer your question, yes = I am a drummer in a band called Eaglemania which is a tribute to the Eagles. Actually, I use my other airplane to fly around the country with the band and I've made a flying vlog about it called "Life in the Fast Lane", which details the ADM that goes into using an airplane practically when you have to be there on time. Each episode goes through the planning, analysis and strategy, as well as the execution of the flight (or not), as well as something about the band or the venue or the town where we are playing. Here's the link to the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9CTZjYXYBMCrKLCXdOaMqQ

In the meantime, the Winger video was done by my friend Kip Winger who asked me to contribute and I thought I would do something that I knew would be different. The lyric was "turn around...", so I decided to do turns around the Statue of Liberty. The combination of 'Better Days' and flying the RV was a natural to me.

So glad you all enjoyed that.

Jon

Butch

Butch, when Jon is not building RV's, making vids or 'drumming' around the country, he is a renowned vascular surgeon. Kind of a slacker if you ask me.

Back