What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Igntion Timing Basics

N941WR

Legacy Member
For those of you who will make AirVenture this year and are interested in learning more about igntion timing, please join me on Thursday, July 25th, at 11:30 AM, in Workshop classroom C.

I will give a talk on igntions basics. This covers information that everyone should understand about how their igntion interacts with their engine, regardless of if it has a standard magnetos or an electronic igitions.

At the end of the presentation, we will discuss P-mags and the EICommander, if you have any questions.

EAA Airventure said:
Ignition Basics and Management
Thu, Jul 25, 2019 - Thu, Jul 25, 2019
11:30 AM - 12:45 PM

Presenter: William Repucci

This presentation will discuss ignition basics and the impact of too much or too little advance on engine performance and longevity. It will also include discussions regarding the proper configuration of P-mag electronic ignitions through the use of the EICommander ignition monitoring and configuration instrument.

Any chance this is going to be filmed and uploaded to youtube?

No idea, they haven't in the past. Contact the EAA and ask them.

With the help of Andy Karmey we put on a webinar last year and posted the recording. It might be worth listening to.

Here is the link to the thread.

Any new ignition rumors for OSH?

Any new ignition rumors for OSH? Maybe something for us D3000 users?

Any new ignition rumors for OSH? Maybe something for us D3000 users?

I'll make an announcement tomorrow about where you can view and touch the new SDS CPI-2 ignitions at Osh. We can replace the Dual Mag setups on both 4 and 6 cylinder Lycoming engines.

No idea, they haven't in the past. Contact the EAA and ask them.

With the help of Andy Karmey we put on a webinar last year and posted the recording. It might be worth listening to.

Here is the link to the thread.

Well heck ya, thanks for the link!

I'll make an announcement tomorrow about where you can view and touch the new SDS CPI-2 ignitions at Osh. We can replace the Dual Mag setups on both 4 and 6 cylinder Lycoming engines.

Ross, please come join me, if you have the time.

Your input is more than welcome!

Ross, please come join me, if you have the time.

Your input is more than welcome!

Thanks Bill. I won't be at Osh this year but we'll have some representation at the show. See my other post today. If folks are interested in learning more about SDS EFI, think about attending Ralph Inkster's presentation in the EAA Canada tent on Friday 1130 am.

Back