What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I broke my static port tee

Ralgh

When trying to put the static line on the step up port I broke the tee. I don't see a part number in the plans to use to get a new one. I'm not really sure which size tee to get to replace it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Tom Landry

If I did it again I?d use push on connectors. But the T is usually at the restaurant supply. Or from vans. If you email them the part and page number they will find it for you.

excellent, thank you. My buddy built an RV-12 as said he may have some extra from that but if that doesn't work out I'll call Vans. Fortunately this isn't something that stops progress.

I didn't like the idea of using the plastic tee so I put in ones made of brass:

oDN.jpg

I didn't like the idea of using the plastic tee so I put in ones made of brass:

For pitot and static lines, I'll take a plastic fitting over an unnecessarily heavy brass fitting any time.

I may have do the soap thing with a replacement one from Vans. I went all over town and was unable to find a brass one anywhere near small enough. Even the plastic ones for irrigation dripper lines were too big.

use acetone and no residue will be left behind.

I think that every chemist in the world will squirt a little acetone (or MEK) into this type of plastic tube, then slide onto glass fittings. After you slide on the tube, the solvent will evaporate.

cheers

Back