What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DynaVibe Prop Balancer Rental

BCP Boys

Well Known Member
I've heard of folks renting the balancer for 5 to 7 days in other forums but haven't heard of anyone here doing this. Is there anyone that does this on VAF?

If not, I'm thinking about buying the GX Version and would like to know if there are any interest on this forum for something like this? I have no intentions of "making money" so if someone is already doing this I'm happy to rent it once every 2 years or so.

Thoughts?

I think there are a couple of folks on this forum who do prop balancing and live on the South side of Atlanta. Vic and Vern, IIRC.

But if you get one, can I borrow it? ;-)

If you are just wanting prop balance, I would not purchase the more expensive balancer. If you just want the split weight calculations, I would opt for the Aces Pro Sport.

Our EAA chapter owns one, available to members of the local chapter (which you can join for $50).

Charlie
Slobovia Outernational (MS71)

I would rent it from you. I had an ACE sport and played with if for a time. Balance my 9 and a friends 152. Put all the supplies, scales ,tools and etc you need to actually do balance work together and sold it to an EAA chapter down around Carrolton Ga. Not sure how they lend/ rent that out now. Thats been 5 or 6 years ago.

I would rent it also when I get a little closer to first flight.

rental

go to the kit fox forum and do a quick search...there is a gentleman there whom rents his for 5 days for $50. He has a list and will provide instructions for payment and where to send it next.

I have a Smart Avionics PB-4 that I'd be happy to rent out. Just need to do a balance and oil change on our 10 this weekend (new engine).

I'll start a new thread and a YouTube video for it once I get the process down for using the thing. Then I'll put up a thread about renting it out.

Dynavibe rental

Could somebody help me find a Dynavibe to rent? I need to balance my propeller...
Any tip would help. Thanks in advance.
Lewis

Free prop bslance

If you need a prop balance, bring it to Ramona and I will do it for free. Jim

Propeller balancer

I just shipped back the balancer that I rented from Viking engines this am. Worked well. Balanced my new Hartzell and a friend's three blade fixed pitch. Cost was $150 plus shipping of about $25. Great business to deal with!

Back