What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trip from Nevada to Lake George NY

Kupde

Patron
Just made a trip in my RV-10 from Carson City, NV to Lake George NY for my daughter’s wedding. Great example of using the RV machine. Wanted to pass along a couple of great airports that were perfect for overnight stays. First, KSNY in Sidney,NE. Hanger space, oxygen, courtesy car and $30 discount at the Comfort Inn. George is the guy running the airport and goes out of his way to make your visit a great one. Second, KPPO in La Porte, In. Great service with hanger space and a place to stay for the night free of charge with shower, kitchen, tv, etc. also courtesy car. Diane is the airport manager and again goes out of her way to make sure you have everything you need. If you have a chance to stop through these airports please do as we need to keep these type of GA friendly places alive. Wedding was a great time and we managed to avoid the commercial airplane risk with COVID with the Rv machine!

Kevin

Wanted to pass along a couple of great airports that were perfect for overnight stays. First, KSNY in Sidney,NE. Hanger space, oxygen, courtesy car and $30 discount at the Comfort Inn. George is the guy running the airport and goes out of his way to make your visit a great one.

Kevin

I second that! Had a great experience overnighting in Sidney due to wx. George is the MAN!

How can you mention Sidney NE and not mention Cabela's? Great HUGE store. I spent 8 hours in there on a road trip back in 1995.

Back