What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

System32 install

N729LS

Well Known Member
Patron
I am starting the process of removing the old, unsupported and troublesome Precision Airmotive EFII on my IO-360-A1B6, and installing a new flyEFII (Protek Performance, PP) System32. This will likely take a couple of months. I considered other options - mechanical fuel injection + magnetos, mechanical fuel injection and electronic ignition (various), as well as the SDS system - and decided this one was right for my plane and missions.

Robert at PP has been extremely helpful so far. I ask a lot of questions :rolleyes: and the angle-valve install is a bit different from "standard". We'll see how it goes.

I just got my first partial shipment of parts for the fuel system, as shown below. This includes the dual fuel pump module (Walbro GSL393 pumps), required pre- and post- filters, the magneto block-off/coil mount plates which will make it easier to work behind engine, the fuel pump block off plate, the Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and the two fuel return bungs to be mounted on the tanks.

Robert says the return bungs can be installed without removing the tanks, carefully working in the space covered by the root fairings. Everything looks good to me so far. All the fittings are AN-6. Lots of work to go. I'll try to keep updating here as it goes.

FirstParts.jpg

Last edited:
Yes

Robert has been awesome with my System32 install.

When you drill the holes for the bungs, put some grease in the drill flutes to capture the chips...

I installed my bungs with the tank attached. Zero issues. I just held the vacuum right next to where I was drilling. The System32 was a great choice, and the support from Robert is phenomenal. I’ve got about 350 hours on my System32 now.

Back