What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rogers roost

SR2500

Well Known Member
Has anyone stopped at the truck stop just west of Green River UT.? Formerly Rogers Roost. Now a Loves truck stop. Saw a recent video of cubs landing there. Lunch? Shower from backcountry camping? Headed for Mineral Canyon, Mexican Mountain and Cedar Mountain next week.
Jerry

Let’s get Vlad to try it...He’ll try anything!! ;)

Looking at it on Google Earth, I think a big-wheeled bush plane could handle that east-west cleared area to the east of the buildings, but sure doesn’t look inviting for an RV....

After watching more videos they’re landing on the dirt/gravel road to the west of the truck stop. So — I called the truck stop and they said come on down!
Jerry

I did fly over the area after landing at Green River to link up with my friend and his 182. The road to the west, 100th ST on google maps, is where people are landing. No obstructions, reasonably wide but appears to have some gravel on it. Looks quite doable. Good backcountry stop for ice cream or even a shower.

We stopped at Cedar Mountain, Mexican mountain and Mineral Canyon. Of the three, Cedar mountain is probably RV capable with wheel pants removed. Mexican mountain definitely not. Brush and soft conditions are not good for low wing and little tires. Mineral canyon maybe, although it is soft at the south end and quite a few varmit holes up to 8” in diameter.

I flew over followed by a T&G the other day. The wheel pants need to be removed the road is not groomed for our fairing clearances. The is a dirt road along abandoned runway which could accommodate a STOL high wing aircraft. Vegetation is overgrown.

Attachments

• Rogers Roost - 1.jpeg
    Rogers Roost - 1.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Rogers Roost - 1 (2).jpeg
    Rogers Roost - 1 (2).jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 254
Sounds like U34 might be a better stop, Vlad? Bring your portable fuel tanks? And getting transportation to and from fuel in town might take some doing?

Sounds like U34 might be a better stop, Vlad? Bring your portable fuel tanks? And getting transportation to and from fuel in town might take some doing?

I will give you a PIREP in couple weeks Randy. I plan to come there without wheel fairings. U34 is a desolate plave.

We landed there two weeks ago. Beautiful pavement and long runway. Dirt strip between runway and taxiway. Very desolate and no one around. Cleanest porta potty I’ve seen. No trash cans anywhere. Charter FedEx Kodiak goes in every morning around 9 am.

PIREP for Randy

It's not an RV spot Randy. The road deteriorated it's a washboard mostly. You can't taxi a low wing to the pumps. The traffic is insane there is no defined parking spot unless you are a high wing and on bushwheels they can taxi over the dirt to a large open area under the sign.

Love's_truck_stop_1.jpeg

Love's_truck_stop_1_(1).jpeg

Love's_truck_stop_1_(3).jpeg

Love's_truck_stop_1_(2).jpeg

Back