What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Tailcone/Empennage

RVguy

Just wondering if anyone knew whether the RV-14 tail section kit would be similar to the 10 in terms of coming with the tailcone or like the 7 with the regualar empennage:confused:

I exchanged some emails with Vans awhile back and was told that the empennage kit would include the tail cone.

Date

Hey, while we're at it, anyone have any updated info on availability or price of the emp kit? Vans was talking about having it out by end of 2012 at one point but obviously that didn't happen.

I'm sure it will be out before I need it, I'm just wanting to know how big the next bite out of wallet will be.

I thought the next kit was always scheduled to be out, the end of the first quater of 2013. Which is in less than three weeks.

Emp

This is what they told me in an email way back in early September when I was asking about availability:

"We should have a wing kit price soon, maybe a further kit before the year end."

That was a long time ago though. Maybe we'll hear something in the next few weeks.

Back