What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pointers for a new guy

Cardinal Driver

I'm New Here
Hello all, I am interested in building an RV-14. I am looking for advice and useful info that would help me begin the RV project.

How long is shipping taking?

What tool kit should I get? I have been looking at Isham. :)

Getting started.

A few suggestions based on how I got started about 1 year ago.

1. Spend LOTS of time on VAF (and of course go to the front page and contribute $25 to Doug for the great site). Lots to be learned here by reading.
2. If at all possible, make your way to either Sun N Fun or Oshkosh. Visit with RV owners, hang around the Vans booth, talk to the factory guys. Sit in all of the planes.
3. Go to one of the EAA SportAir or other similar "how to build an RV" type lasses offered around the country. It's worth a little weekend trip if you don't have any local. Will pay for itself during the build in saving mistakes.
4. I didn't do it (yet) but you can take a trip to the factory and do a demo ride. I want to do it, just can't make time at work...

Shipping times are listed on the vans site and are generally accurate. About 8 weeks probably a good bet.

Back