What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving to Plano

Paddy

Well Known Member
Just found out today that my job is moving to Plano. Any intel on hangar availability at Aero Country or McKinney for a -10?

Congrats on the move to the best state in the USA !!! Doesn?t mean we don?t have idiots in government but the majority of the state is great and we have all 4 seasons too. Yay TEXAS !!!

If you need a half-way stop for the family on the way down etc look me up! I hope you guys find just as nice a place down in Tx!

T31 Aero Country

If you need a half-way stop for the family on the way down etc look me up! I hope you guys find just as nice a place down in Tx!

Thanks Andy - the move will be great for the family, but I'm bummed to have to leave my airpark home. Hopefully, I'll be able to find hangar space there!

My 6A is at aercountry. I recomnend you join the facebook page and post your request there. I know there is space around. I also live in plano, in what area are you going to be?

Aero Country

Thanks for the info on the facebook page Colin, I'll get on there today and see what I can find. As for where to live - we've just started looking. The office is located near the intersection of Dallas Tollway North and Sam Rayburn Tollway.

Texas

Congrats on the move to the best state in the USA !!!

There must really be something to this Texas thing - so many people say that. Come to think of it, I've never heard anyone here say anything similar about Illinois... :p

There must really be something to this Texas thing - so many people say that. Come to think of it, I've never heard anyone here say anything similar about Illinois... :p

What's that saying about grains of salt?

There are three types of people who live in Texas.
1) Texans
2) People who've moved to Texas and like it
3) People who can't wait to get out

Hopefully you'll be in bucket two.

and in fairness, you can substitute ANY State and still have the same 2 categories.

Aero Country

I posted on the aerocountry facebook page and got an immediate response. Call: Ryan Reid at Aeromark Inc, aeromarktx.com

Thanks Colin, I spoke with Ryan and will see if the -10 will fit. There's a C210 in the hangar he has, so while a 6 or a 7 would be fine, Ryan thought a -10 might be a bit of a squeeze. I'll be flying it there soon on a house hunting trip, so we will give it a try.

I have to say, I'm humbled by the great response to my post from fellow RVers willing to help a guy out. This site is worth every penny of the voluntary donation and then some. Thanks to Doug not just for the website but for creating a true community!

Im just buttering you up so I can come check out the -10 when you get here...haha. when I started the -6, it was just my wife and I. Now wr are a familly of 4.

Moving

Hi Colin,
Thanks for checking in, I appreciate the help. The move date is now a bit uncertain, so I'll have to wait and see before doing anything. The location could even be different...

Move date received

Just got word that my job is moving to Plano in February. Hope that's enough time to find a hangar in the area. Aero Country or McKinney are closest to where we'll probably end up living. I'm monitoring the Aero Country FB page, but if anyone has any intel on availability, please let me know.

Just got word that my job is moving to Plano in February. Hope that's enough time to find a hangar in the area. Aero Country or McKinney are closest to where we'll probably end up living. I'm monitoring the Aero Country FB page, but if anyone has any intel on availability, please let me know.

Post a request on the aerocountry page.

Hangar found!

Found a T hangar at Aero Country Airport T31. Looking forward to getting to know some new friends and places to fly.

Found a T hangar at Aero Country Airport T31. Looking forward to getting to know some new friends and places to fly.

What road are you on?

Let me know when you move in and I'll stop by to say hi! There are a bunch of RVs at aerocountry. Be careful whenever there is a crosswind from the east on runway 17, the trees make it "exciting"...haha

What road are you on?

Let me know when you move in and I'll stop by to say hi! There are a bunch of RVs at aerocountry. Be careful whenever there is a crosswind from the east on runway 17, the trees make it "exciting"...haha

I'm on the south side of Grumman, nearest the runway. Should be there around the end of January.

So looks like I am moving to Plano too. Popular place I guess. Need space for an RV-8. Does anybody have any leads for hanger space at Aerocountry?

Thx

Oliver

So looks like I am moving to Plano too. Popular place I guess. Need space for an RV-8. Does anybody have any leads for hanger space at Aerocountry?

Thx

Oliver

Where in Plano? As noted before, I suggest a post on the Aerocountry facebook page or the North Texas Aviators page.

Where in Plano? As noted before, I suggest a post on the Aerocountry facebook page or the North Texas Aviators page.

Don't know yet my work address is 2600W Plano Parkway will try to find a house close by. Just put in a request to the facebook group so I am allowed to post there.

Thx

Oliver

Don't know yet my work address is 2600W Plano Parkway will try to find a house close by. Just put in a request to the facebook group so I am allowed to post there.

Thx

Oliver

I live over by parker and spring creek. Not too far away. The drive to aerocountry is about 25-30 minutes.

Back