Guess it's time for another update...
Wings are back off. Empennage fitted and removed, flaps and ailerons rigged, rudder and elevators fitted and removed. With luck the wings won't need to go back on till I'm at the airport and a few weeks from flying.
Fuel line routing to the selector is complete. Somehow I managed it with pretty much no preload but those lines right at the selector can't come out unless I cut them out.
This setup does fit under the stock selector enclosure (though the lines out to the pump don't) and more importantly it avoids hard 90s on the suction side.
Fuel selector sits a little bit aft of the stock location but on the space forward on that mount plate I can mount something else--switches, an iPad mount, or maybe arms to hold a cupholder (I've abandoned plans for a center console but I still think I'll use a quadrant throttle, just mounted traditionally). A custom cover will eventually run from the fuel selector cover over the pumps and up to the heater box.
Also, the engine mount is now on with hardware store bolts for the moment. I wanted to get it on there so I could start planning firewall penetrations. As I'm using EFI my fuel lines just need to go to the top of the engine; they don't need to run down to the intake first. I'd like to keep the lines away from the exit air and exhaust pipes, so I was thinking I could run them up on the back side of the firewall first and have the supply line exit on one side and the return on the other; hoses could follow the engine mount up to the back of the engine and then to the distribution manifold.
I had a whole bunch of 1/4 3003 tubing laying around with no specific use for it, so I decided to mock up a line (visible below) and use it as a template. The final line would probably be stainless 3/8. I think I can keep it tight enough to the firewall that the rudder pedals won't hit it even at full deflection and fully forward mounting. Return linese would basically mirror this on the left side.
The routing in the picture behind the firewall shows about what I'm thinking, though I think I'd have the exit come an inch or two further outboard (where the small sharpie circle is) to avoid the brake reservoir if I decide to stick with that location. The bottom picture shows the proposed exit location from that side; a bulkhead. Line supports would be little brackets with P-clamps, screws facing aft. Thoughts welcome.
As I get this done and the bank account recovers a bit more, I'll be doing a final inventory of the engine and figure out what I need to order, then do so. An A&P coworker with lots of Lycoming experience will be helping me build it up sometime this fall, then I'll preserve it.
Also looking to start a bit of the electrical installation, at least on the power supply side. Switching and component wiring will wait. I've also decided on Dynon (HDX vs Legacy Skyview is still TBD) but I've taken the 3d models and made simplified "printable" ones to run on my 3D printer. I'll use them for running wires till I get the real parts in.