What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

auto pilot

casper

Well Known Member
I would like to install auto pilot in my 7A, but can't decide between Digitrac and EZ-pilot. what are the pros and conds
Doyle Reed RV7A

Autopilots

Hi Doyle,

TruTrak autopilots are a whole family of units, from basic single axis to three axis IFR units that fly approaches right down to the concrete. This company has a lot of experience. Their servos are high quality stepping motors and their units can be upgraded later on to additional features. So far EZ-Pilot only has one model single axis control head and is using the Navaid servo which is not comparable to a stepping motor.

Martin

I personally know the folks at Tru-Trak and have the greatest admiration for what they are doing. They have some wonderful new products just now on the market and are working hard on providing all of us with the best auto pilot money can buy. No I am not an employee and yes I own a two axis auto pilot of theirs. I bought the Pictorial Pilot with the altitude hold :)
Jim Wright 90919 RV-9A wings Arkansas

Back