What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Power to Panel

SeanB

Well Known Member
This is my third attempt to get one of these planes built (long story). It is the first time one of them seems "alive" to me. So excited to get power turned on to the panel for the first time! As you can see in the pics, more wiring remains, but so far so good.

This is gonna sound like an acceptance speech...my apologies.:rolleyes:

Thank you:
  • Geoff Combs at Aerosport Products for producing such exceptional products (carbon panel, inserts that are painted and laser etched/ labeled, and the rocker switches). Your service is always top rate!
  • Stein and Crew....you produced wiring harnesses I could never have created on my own. Besides being such awesome work, having these taught me a lot by having an example of how it's supposed to be done right in front of me. The drawings you produced are a huge resource for me. Also, always there if I need help.
  • Chad Jensen of Astronics. If you charged for questions, I'd be broke. Chad has always been very approachable and helpful as I learned facets of my VPX Pro. The more I learn of this device, the happier I am to own one. Chad...you've been a solid resource along the way!
  • My very patient friend (9A builder) John Armstrong. He hung in there to help get me to this point. Regardless of my learning curve and occasional stubbornness. :) I've learned a lot...thanks, pal. Bob Condrey... you as well. Thanks, my friend.
  • And certainly not last or least...my wonderful wife, Tracey. She is always so willing to jump in and help. She runs wiring, helps Sika canopies, set hidden interior LED strips, and so much more. Lots of encouragement and support, too. I'm so blessed!

Now back to building.....

panel-1.jpg

panel-2.jpg

panel-3.jpg

panel-4.jpg

Panel-5.jpg

Impressive panel Sean! I am jealous. Back in the dark ages of pre iPhone/pre iPad we tried hard to make affordable choices. We even bought some spare smoke in case we need to replace it. Good job man good job!

Back