What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-7 Builder

gcman6

I received my empennage kit yesterday! I am building a taildragger with slider canopy and manual flaps and trim. I still need to finish setting up my shop and finish the kit inventory. But, I made some headway on it last night and hope to finish it tonight after work. I've been dreaming about building an airplane for some time and and am super excited to get started. If anyone else is building a -7 in the southeastern PA area, please reach out. I'd love to connect with any fellow builders in my area.

IMG-3514.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

No 7's but I am building a 4 and there is also a 10 project in our EAA hangar. There is a new 14 project going on at the neighboring airport. Visitors are always welcome. PM me.

Congratulations! The adventure is just beginning.

I'm also building a -7 slider. Do you have a clear path forward on the manual flaps or is that just what you are thinking about?

Hey wait a min

Congratulations on beginning your build.
Looks like you are building in a bedroom.
Might be tough to put it through the door.

Enjoy it all,

Daddyman

The -7 comes with electric flaps but at least one was built using the manual flap mechanism from the -6.

The manual trim works great! Even after 11 years of flying, I wouldn't change mine out for electric trim.

Welcome aboard!

My -7 has manual flaps and trim. I wouldn't trade it for electric. Dynon A/P works great with the manual trim.

Congratulations on beginning your build.
Looks like you are building in a bedroom.
Might be tough to put it through the door.

Enjoy it all,

Daddyman
Yeah, I'm planning to do the empennage and wings in that basement bedroom and then move to the garage when I get to the fuselage. Gotta get the garage insulated first!

The -7 comes with electric flaps but at least one was built using the manual flap mechanism from the -6.

The manual trim works great! Even after 11 years of flying, I wouldn't change mine out for electric trim.

Welcome aboard!

Yeah hoping to find a -6 driver who is willing to sell me the manual flap weldment:)

Congrats on the new build and also for already figuring out how to post a photo!

Back