What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7A NB7817 A. Atalla

Status
Not open for further replies.

atalla

Well Known Member
hi everyone, i'm so excited to finally be here after surfing the Internet for two years and trying to convince my girlfriend this is an amazing adventure I finally start. A little brief about me, 33-year-old licensed automotive service technician heavy duty service technician. I've been turning wrenches and working with metal and fabrication for the last 15 years, carry approximately $80,000 in tools and the skills necessary to make this happen. My aircraft experience is model RC's and about 11 hours into my PPL. I'm currently employed at a major ski resort which lends me the flexibility of a three day weekend which allows me to get some good build time in. Not to mention the use of an amazing machine shop complete with tig welders, metal lathes,milling machines, a tool heads dream.

I do have some challenges ahead. My main challenge is my workspace. I do not have a garage and I do not have a basement.my plan is to construct the emp kit in the living room of my apartment. While this is not ideal with a 5 to 7 your goal in front of me I need to get the project started sooner rather than later. I have constructed one EAA workbench and a modified it with the drawer for my go to tools. As well as a 30 x 30 tool cart which will how is my drillpress,bandsaw,bench grinder,sander,vice etc. I am still tooling up for the build. Drill presses on the way Sander is installed. i've purchased and airframe mechanics set coming from my snap on dealer which includes a siouxs 3X riveter and drill. Another package coming from aircraft Spruce, with some other tools. I plan on buying the DRDT-2 front end kit and building my own frame. Left is the bandsaw,bench grinder.

My preview plans to box kit and practice kid came in today. I look forward to Cleco in some parts together.

Last edited:
You can buy a 40' X 10' freight container for around $1,000. My son priced an aluminum one here, for a shop.

Welcome to VAF, BTW.

Best,

You can buy a 40' X 10' freight container for around $1,000. My son priced an aluminum one here, for a shop.

Welcome to VAF, BTW.

Best,

Thats a great idea however I have no where to put it. I Have priced some cans but they were aprox 4500$ CAD.

Hopefully a garage will be coming in around a year, enough time to tool up finish my tool box, control surface, and emp kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back