What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 24838 Midlothian, TX

CaptainQwyx

Hello World!

I'm the latest caretaker of RV-6 kit #24838, first purchased by David Wysong and then substantial progress made by David Bell:
http://www.mykitlog.com/db9469

I've had a few tail kits over the years but life has always gotten in the way before I could make real progress. Life is still in the way, but this project has such a head start that I think I'll be able to see it through.

It would be nice to make Oshkosh next year since that's the 30th anniversary for the -6, but I'm not promising anything or losing any sleep over it. I'm still a husband and father of four, with two jobs and church responsibilities. It'll get done when it gets done.

Welcome Jeff, I was just there in Midlothian a few weeks ago getting transition training from your neighbor! Nice place! Especially if you live on the airport!

Storage for flight control surfaces

So one of the things I had to deal with when purchasing this kit was the sudden storage needs.

I've used PVC on occasion for miscellaneous projects and I thought it would come in handy here for some temporary shelves to hold all the empennage pieces, flaps, ailerons, wingtips. Less than $200 in PVC from Home Depot and some spare casters I had lying around and now I have a mobile shelving cart for all of these parts and a place to put manual and drawings on top.

w1whvm.jpg

Welcome Jeff, I was just there in Midlothian a few weeks ago getting transition training from your neighbor! Nice place! Especially if you live on the airport!

Thanks Mike! Yeah Alex is a great guy. I feel really blessed to have such a great community here with lots of RV's around and knowledge to be shared.

Best Wishes

Best wishes on your build Jeff. Sounds like you have your priorities in the right order. You can build in the gaps between the obligatory stuff. John

Jeff,
Keep taking small bites, and just keep chewing. Also, can any of your 4 kids get interested in it?

You'll get there.

It would be nice to make Oshkosh next year since that's the 30th anniversary for the -6, ......

Hey, I didn't realize that the 6 was 30 years old next year...doesn't that mean a 6 owner can remove those "EXPERIMENTAL" stickers from the plane and simply put that "X" in your N number.

Back