What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine/Prop

Fly2eat

I just bought an unfinished RV-4 kit and looking for any input on engine and prop combo. I would like to install an IO0340 Titan with a 3 blade MT. It already has a Dynofocal 1 mount installed. If you have that combo, will the rear prop governor fit between the engine and the firewall? Also would like to find someone with plans for a sliding canopy for the RV-4 versus the tip over canopy.

There is a mod kit, vans has them. Look in there web page, I think it’s in the fus parts section.

I just bought an unfinished RV-4 kit and looking for any input on engine and prop combo. I would like to install an IO0340 Titan with a 3 blade MT. It already has a Dynofocal 1 mount installed. If you have that combo, will the rear prop governor fit between the engine and the firewall? Also would like to find someone with plans for a sliding canopy for the RV-4 versus the tip over canopy.

You might try contacting Axel, https://vansairforce.net/community/member.php?u=1633

He has converted his 4 from fixed to C/S----as well as a bunch of other mods.

Good guy, should be a lot of info there.

Thanks Scott and Mike. I spent nearly the entire day yesterday going through Axel's 48 pages and gleaned a lot of good info. The firewall had already been done so will have to do some cutting and chopping. I removed the old O-320 so have good access to put in the recess. Not looking forward to redoing it but no time for whining!

Back