What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some nice clear weather over Seattle around Christmas

AirShowFan

Well Known Member
Patron
Here in Seattle we've had a surprising amount of clear weather over the past week or so. Not all day every day, but about a few hours on most days, including some gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. I decided to go on a quick half-hour photo flight a couple mornings ago...

Click on each picture to see it in higher res.

Southwest 737 at the ATS MRO.

We'll deliver these 787s someday...

Beautiful sunrise.

Bellevue and Mt Rainier.

Low fog flowing everywhere. Paine Field sits on a 600-foot plateau and was thus an island of clear ground in a sea of fog.

Downtown Bellevue sticking up out of the clouds.

Highway 99 into Seattle. Can you see Mt St Helens?

Unfortunately the sunrise was not quite as colorful or fiery by the time I got to downtown Seattle. Should have gotten up 20 minutes earlier!

Coming back home.

I am thoroughly enjoying your fine photography Bernardo. Thank you for your time making it public.

Thank you Vlad and Sam!

Bob, it was nice to meet you the following day. Next time I drive over to my hangar, I'll swing by yours so that I can see your -7. You definitely got me fantasizing about overhauling my panel to make it IFR... And that day (what was it, two days ago) I shot some video during the flight. I like doing rolls often enough that now I'm used to wearing the parachute every time I go flying :]

Super motivator

Absolutely beautiful Bernardo. Coming home from a real crappy day at work, you wouldn't believe how much your post calmed me down and reminded me of what I have to look forward to. Thank you for posting these outstanding photos. :)

Great stuff!

Bernardo,

I followed the link to your Reddit posts on fatigue life...great information and very well written!

Gonna have to spend more time on Reddit if you keep posting there...

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I do teach classes about this stuff, so I've gotten pretty good at being able to explain it well. As for Reddit, don't get me started. A lot of the default stuff is junk, but if you find the small sub-reddits populated by people who know what they're talking about, then you get real quality discussions and insights (like on VAF).

Anyways...

Had another gorgeous couple of days around here this weekend. On Saturday night I went out for three quick laps around the pattern to refresh my night currency, and tonight my girlfriend and I flew down to Mt St Helens and back. Her photos:

JillBecker-Jan2014volcanoes-1.jpg

JillBecker-Jan2014volcanoes-2.jpg

JillBecker-Jan2014volcanoes-3.jpg

JillBecker-Jan2014volcanoes-4.jpg

JillBecker-Jan2014volcanoes-5.jpg

JillBecker-Jan2014volcanoes-6.jpg

Last edited:
Hey! That's right thru my back yard!
Fantastic lighting around the cinder cone!
All Great!
I've flown the last 3 days straight! How rare is that in a Northwet Winter!!?
The first flights of my RV-8. This, for me is the coolest possible of flying winters.
I bet a whole bunch of screen savers got launched off of this thread :D

Girlfriends occupation?

If I had to guess, I would say...photographer for National Geographic;)

Thanks for putting those pictures up Bernardo, they were really good.

Back