What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great Flying Weather in Washington State Today

boom3

Well Known Member
All us North Westerners usually have to sit grounded while seeing all the great flying weather across the country. Not today.....:D I'll definitely be leaving work a little early!!
weather.jpg

I had the exact same thought yesterday Jeff and snapped a shot for my brother. We've gone backpacking up into the Enchantments a number of times and thought he'd appreciate seeing what it looked like from the air. Perfectly nice day for flying!

asch0.jpg

It was a beauty day here today too. I didn't go anywhere or get any pics, but made a loop around the valley. I finally got my Autopilot working AND tested. Coming back I decided to run WOT and was surprised when I only got 184Kts after I slowed up and started my descent, I realized I didn't have my Ram Air open. Looks like RamAir is good for 4kts. I was worried about the small snow drifts on the runway, but made one of my best landings ever.

Great pic Steve. 184kts with the ram closed is pretty awesome Brian.

I ended up flying down to Astoria then up the coast. Man it was smooth and spectacular today!

Mt Rainier
Dsc_0189.jpg

Mt St. Helens
Dsc_0200.jpg

Descending into Astoria Oregon
Dsc_0217.jpg

Astoria Airport (KAST)
Dsc_0219.jpg

Fueled up for $5.85 a gallon
Dsc_0222.jpg

Dsc_0233.jpg

Dsc_0237.jpg

Long Beach Washington
Dsc_0240.jpg

The Pacific
Dsc_0242.jpg

Just what the doctor ordered!!

Saw a beautiful RV-10 take off from Harvey field (S43) Thursday morning while I was waiting for the battery to charge up enough to start the engine on the rented 172. I did get my 3 take offs and landings finally. I got a little sight-seeing in. And, I still got home early enough to take a nap before going to work.

Nice Pics

Great Photo's Jeff! The Pacific looks so peaceful and calm with the sun going down in the background.

And more of the same today!

Going up to Bellingham this morning to take the kids (freshmen at WWU) out for brunch. Command Aviation reserved the crew car for me til noon, which is a big help as bus service at BLI is very sketchy on Saturdays, nonexistent on Sundays.

Quite cold weather here though, so we shall see how well the Odyssey cranks the engine - sllowwwwly is my guess. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow should be nice too although there is a Transient Fund Raising airspace problem around Seattle beginning 4pm local......

Irony

I find it a bit ironic that we are sitting down here in Tucson, trying to fly to SEA (AWO) and it's OUR wx that is stopping us. Looks like a Sunday departure instead.

76e1b2f7c180e30a8a93380a431b6e59.jpg

From Rosie: Ditto here in SoCAL at WJF!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back