What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN750 Dynon Transponder Compatibility

Sibirsky

Well Known Member
Greetings ,
I have a GTN750 and a 650 installed in my RV9A ,
the Traffic and Weather icons are disabled , and the main screen shows no Xpndr Box ,
when I called my avionics Guy , he said that because I have a Dynon transponder and a Dynon 472 ADS-B receiver. , and these are not compatible with the Garmin GTN's and I couldn't get the data streamed to the GTN's from the Garmin components,
do I have to buy a GDL69 ? or is there a way around this ?
Please advise ,
Toufik

GTN

Presumably you have one or more DYNON EFIS boxes. The normal usage for a 6xx/7xx with a DYNON EFIS is as a IFR GPS navigator. To fully utilize all of the capabilities of the GTN - like traffic and weather, you need a Garmin source.

IMO, with $25k+ of GTN hardware, I would replace all of the DYNON hardware with Garmin. If you’re happy with your DYNON hardware (like I am with mine!) ditch one of the GTN’s and focus on the DYNON EFIS for weather and traffic display and use the GTN as a navigator.

Other folks may have other options to offer. :)

Craig

I'd suggest installing a GTX345/R, xpdr control would then be thru the GTN and it would supply traffic/weather to the GTN as well.

A 650 and a 750 - that set you back a few bucks.

Not sure why you bother trying displaying ADS-B data on the 650 or 750. The SkyView display does a superb job integration ADS-B data on both the Moving Map and PDF. As you are also using the associated Dynon XPDR, you get TIS information displayed as well.

I run the GTN-650 as my TSO GPS IFR navigator. The display is marginal for much of anything, but for IFR it integrates very well with the SkyView EFIS.

Carl

Back