What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

float bowls

PMLviator

How is everyone removing their float bowls with the drip pans just below the carbs? Do you remove the whole carb by the rubber gasket that mounts to the intake. And if so do you resynchronize the carbs each time?

I have found it easier to loosen and remove each carb from its rubber socket and tilt the carb upward to remove the carb bowl. For the right-side carb you will likely have to remove the air filter first. The left-side carb has more room to maneuver with the air filter in place. If you are careful the throttle linkages are not disturbed and I have found no re-syncing to be necessary. YMMV

To take it one step further.

For those that have done the 200 hour Carb inspection. How is the best way to remove the Carburetor without removing the cables ends? And therefore resynching everything.

It all depends on how you define the actions/parts required for a "200-hour Inspection". If you are careful it is possible to not disturb the sync settings. If you want to physically remove the carb from the engine you can do as follows:

Remove the nut/washer on the carb butterfly shaft/throttle actuator arm and the nut/washer on the starting carb ("choke") actuator arm. Be very careful when removing the above to not break off the cast stop arm on the choke cover plate -- see Rotax-Owners videos on carb disassembly/inspection. Remove the top of the carb. Disconnect the fuel supply line. Lift the carb body from the engine.

In any event, you will likely want to resync your carbs after any significant disassembly/reinstallation of the carb(s) -- just to be sure. I have found little if any need for readjusting the carb sync settings. YMMV

Back