What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair valve - which one?

Assuming this is a RV4, it would depend on where you are planning on mounting it. Have to pay attention to the handle and the letter bezel to make sure you are drawing from the indicated tank.
So a FS20x2, 3 or 7 7T would be fine. Again---mounting location and orientation are going to indicate what valve----or even the valve fittings.

Tom

I'm in the process of installing mine - waiting on some valve extension parts. But it is gorgeous. They do a terrific job with the metal work

Nope, for an RV-10

Assuming this is a RV4, it would depend on where you are planning on mounting it. Have to pay attention to the handle and the letter bezel to make sure you are drawing from the indicated tank.
So a FS20x2, 3 or 7 7T would be fine. Again---mounting location and orientation are going to indicate what valve----or even the valve fittings.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

I built and fly a “4” so my screen name might be misleading. It is for an RV-10. To the other responder, what Andair valve did you use?

I'm using the FS20x7T as others have used. Best price was directly from VANS. LINK.

I ordered the extension kit through Spruce.

Thanks Brad!

Duh, makes sense now. I was on Andairs website and the follow on number confused me for some reason. Not enough coffee I guess. Thanks!

How long of an extension is needed for an Andar fuel selector in an RV10 with the valve in the stock location?

I've read that the 6" length is suitable. I have all my parts and pieces, but haven't begun the install yet.

Thanks Tom,

I built and fly a “4” so my screen name might be misleading. It is for an RV-10. To the other responder, what Andair valve did you use?

Same as the others. I bought mine right from Van's to avoid any confusion or mistake and returned my stock valve to them. The price was about the same as ordering it from Spruce or directly from the UK.

You will likely need to order an extension kit, which I don't think Van's stocks. If you are mounting the valve on the mounting plate, per plans (I'm a QB, so my plate was already in place) and putting the fuel handle on the access panel cover, then you have to get an extension tube that allows the handle to be a few inches away from the valve and a second / different handle that can accept the extension tube and provide the same functionality where the handle locks you out from accidentally turning the fuel off. I bought both of those from Spruce - they have the extension tubes in stock but the handles are on back order

180 deg alternative

I liked the idea of the valve pointing at the tank in use so I went w/the FS20x3-T. It is similar to the x7 but the valve rotates 180 deg between tanks thus it points at the tank you're burning out of. I purchased the valve and extension and face plate directly from Andair back in 2012. The following part numbers were on the invoice. I chose the 90 elbow AN-6 for the top and left fittings and the male AN-6 for the lower fitting.

http://www.andair.co.uk/product/fuel-selector-fs20x3

EFS20x3-T, Extension Base Valve
EX-3, Extension Upgrade Components
TUBE-6, 6" long piece of tube
FP25-3-S-CSK, 1/2" Fascia Plate (Sliver & Countersunk)

I've read that the 6" length is suitable. I have all my parts and pieces, but haven't begun the install yet.

I am mounting my Andair valve to the underside of the in-place bracket and planning to have the switch mounted on the tunnel cover. Eyeballing it, it looks to be around a 3 inch extension needed. The 6 inch extension is the shortest they make and is sufficient.

Back